GlobalFit is excited to announce the upcoming release of SmartChallengesTM 2.0 to Destination: You! Next week you will see many changes to challenges which will make D:Y even more fun!
Learn about some of the new features below and then check out the new Challenges section on D:Y next week. To learn even more about challenges and teams, our Challenges and Teams Planning Guide will be available to download from the “Create Challenges” page and from the FAQs.
WHAT’S NEW IN DESTINATION: YOU?
- Our new Challenge Wizard helps you quickly and easily create challenges and teams. This unique wizard will save you time and ensure that you design the exact kind of challenge you want.
- There will be six new challenge types available. Have fun challenging all of your friends to reach a step target or see which team can get the most steps over the weekend.
- Challenges can be open to anyone or by invitation only. The new “Open Challenge” option is perfect to start a walking club or train with others for a 5K.
- Challenge creators can choose a longer grace period in which participants can offload steps to count towards the challenge (1-5 days). The longer grace period makes it easier to end challenges on weekends or at the end of the month while giving participants plenty of time to get by an access point.
- Challenge creators can add a message to all participants. Use this new option to describe your challenge, add a fun note, or encourage participants. Your message gets sent via the automatic email and displayed on the Challenge page.
- Teams will have a Captain who can access more step details for their team members in a challenge. Team Captains will see how each team member is contributing to a challenge and can encourage and motivate their group.
- Team Captains will be required to accept invitations on behalf of their team. Teams will no longer be erroneously added to challenges as the Captain will have the opportunity to accept or decline the invitation.
- Participants can hide challenges and teams. This lets you see only the challenges and teams you wish to see (without deleting any) and keeps your dashboard clean and easy to view.
Have fun trying out the new SmartChallengesTM 2.0! Happy stepping!