GlobalFit 2003/2004 12-Week Challenge
Official Contest Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: The GlobalFit 2003/2004 12-Week Challenge (the “Challenge”) is open only to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have a current paid membership at either a GlobalFit-network fitness club or for a GlobalFit diet program. If you are not currently a member, you can enroll in a GlobalFit-network fitness club or diet program either through www.globalfit.com/join or by calling GlobalFit’s toll-free Health Club Help Line, 1-800-294-1500, from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (EST). Enrollment requires the payment of an Affiliation Fee and the first month’s prorated monthly dues. Individual who enroll directly with the Fitness Club rather than through the GlobalFit Fitness Program via GlobalFit’s website or toll-free Help Line are not eligible for this Contest or for any GlobalFit discount or benefit.
2. HOW TO REGISTER: Visit www.globalfit.com/members/challenge between 12:01
A.M. November 1, 2003 and 11:59 P.M. January 31, 2004 and complete the registration
registered, you may download and print the 12-Week Challenge Fitness Club Log
(“Fitness Club Log”) required for the “Fitness Challenge” (defined below), or
Weight Statements (“Weight Statements”) required for the “Diet Challenge” (defined
3. COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE: Each participant must complete either (but not both) of the following 12-Week Challenge Options (“Fitness Challenge” or “Diet Challenge”) by Saturday, May 15, 2004:
FITNESS CHALLENGE: Participants must go to a fitness club three (3) times per week to exercise for no less than thirty (30) minutes per visit for a total of twelve (12) weeks. The twelve (12) weeks need not be consecutive, but the Fitness Challenge must be completed within a period of fifteen (15) weeks. Participants must bring the printed Fitness Club Log to the fitness club for every workout during the Fitness Challenge. The Fitness Club Log must be signed and dated by a member of the fitness club’s staff after each workout as proof of the Participant’s successful participation.
DIET CHALLENGE: Participants must engage in a nutritionally sound diet program for a period of twelve (12) weeks to lose a minimum of ten (10) pounds. The twelve (12) weeks need not be consecutive, but the Diet Challenge must be completed within a period of fifteen (15) weeks. Participants must be weighed both before and after their Diet Challenge by either a company nurse, a licensed physician, or the staff of a GlobalFit fitness club as proof of Participant’s success. The Weight Statements must be signed and dated by the person who weighted the participants as proof of Entrant’s successful participation.
4. MAIL IN PROOF OF COMPLETION: Participants must mail either the completed Fitness Club Log (with 36 signatures) or the completed Weight Statement (with 2 signatures) to: GlobalFit, 12-Week Challenge, 417 North 8th Street, Suite 502, Philadelphia, PA 19123. Completed Fitness Club Logs or Weight Statements must include participant’s name, address, e-mail address (if you do not have an e-mail address, print “no e-mail address”), date of birth and daytime telephone number. Submissions must be postmarked no later than June 15, 2004, and received no later than Wednesday, June 30, 2004. Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending will not be deemed proof of receipt by GlobalFit.
5. CLAIM YOUR REWARD: All participants who successfully complete either the Fitness Challenge or the Diet Challenge will receive a GlobalFit tee-shirt. Tee-shirts will be mailed on or about July 31, 2004. The tee-shirts are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. GlobalFit reserves the right to substitute another item if the tee-shirts are not available. Any federal, state, or local taxes are the responsibility of the participants. There is a limit of one (1) tee-shirt per person/family/household.
6. DOCTOR’S CONSULTATION: Sponsor recommends that all entrants receive a physical by a licensed medical doctor before beginning any fitness or diet program, including either the Fitness or Diet Challenges.